Track routing issues with v 6 on Macbook MacOS 12

I got a new macbook and loaded a new version of Kicad so it’s a little hard to tell what isn’t working but I’ve had some issues.

The U and I hotkeys seem to work differently with U in particular - which used to select a whole track if one segment was selected, doesn’t do that anymore. It just selects the endpoint on a segment. This used to be useful for deleting a whole track by clicking on a segment, hitting ‘u’ and then delete.

The Edit Track and Vias Properties also appears not to be working. I set options, choose a new width and … nothing changes.

There used to be a hotkey which would push and shove tracks without detaching single segments - I can’t remember it and can’t seem to find it. Any help appreciated.

There are more anomalies but maybe I’ll figure them out.

Edit: I must have had one segment of a track locked, probably just from fishing around for keyboard equivalents. I deleted the track and function seemed to return to normal.

Hit U twice in a row

D?

Not sure what is going on here, more details needed.

I got a new macbook and loaded a new version of Kicad

Can you exactly tell which version? (there are some different v6.0.x versions out there, with continuously decreasing number of bugs). Latest version should be v6.0.5.

The Edit Track and Vias Properties also appears not to be working. I set options, choose a new width and … nothing changes.

As craftyjohn wrotes: this sentence is not really helpful. It’s possible to create a screenshot from the “Edit Track and Vias Properties”-dialog and attach that picture? Also include a screenshot from the tracks-parameters before/after the operation.

One of the first uses of hitting the same key twice may have been invented for C++ comments, where two slashes are used to start a single line comment.

Maybe there are earlier examples?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.