The environment variable substitution is not work

The environment variable substitution is not work in documentation filename field of part property. When this documentation filename field for example “${KICAD_SYMBOL_DIR}/doc/misc/transistor/mosfet/12n65.pdf” and I click icon “Show associated datasheet or documents” this message is appear image. So the environment variable is not substitute :disappointed_relieved:. Is it possible the fix this bug? Thanks.

You should report it to the bug database in https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad. This forum is run by peer users.

If you eventually report the bug please include the version info (help->about copy version info)

And maybe link to the bug report from here to allow users with the same problem to easily find it

Where is your $(KICAD_SYMBOL_DIR) pointing to?
On my linux box its:
and there are no datasheets, nor sub directories in that location.

I made the $(KICAD_DATASHEET) myself, and used that successfully as a pathname to datasheets. Path substitution does work. (In KiCad V5.0.2).

I also do not have a KiCad schematic symbol for a 12n65.

Hi I’am using 32-bit KiCAD 5.0.2 on win7-32bit.
My enviroment variable configuration is
When I place this part on schematic sheet the substitution is work correct in schematic editor, so the pathname to datasheets is correct.
But when I open Symbol Library Editor select any part and then
click icon “Show associated datasheet or documents” substitution is not work.
This is not work only in Symbol Library Editor :disappointed_relieved:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.