The Chinese UI's issue has not been solved yet

I found an issue which is reported in the gitlab, it’s related to Chinese UI issue:

This issue has been closed because the developers thought it has been solved, but I found it has not been solved, and it’s much messier then before.

Here is a screenshot in the below:

The Schmatic editor’s UI is Chinese, but the PCB editor’s UI is English, although the PCB Editor’s language has been set to Chinese.

And here is another screenshot example:

The main window’s language is Chinses, but the pop up property window’s language is English.

And here is another scrrenshot example:

In the right click pop up menu, some are Chinese and the other is English.

I have reported the first screenshot to the gitlab issue, but the issue has been closed and maybe nobody will notice the issue anymore, so could anyone re-open the issue in the gitlab, and I will attach all the screenshot to the issue above.

BTW, the KiCAD I was used is:
Application: KiCad PCB 编辑器 (64-bit)

Version: (6.0.4), release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.1.5
libcurl/7.78.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.11

Platform: Windows 10 (build 18363), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: Mar 18 2022 03:04:44
wxWidgets: 3.1.5 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.76.0
OCC: 7.6.0
Curl: 7.78.0-DEV
ngspice: 36
Compiler: Visual C++ 1928 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

As author you can reopen the issue yourself.

No, I am not the author.

Mmm that right click menu is interesting because it’s partially wrong but it’s confusing to understand where the bug could be and reproducing it 100% to debug it :confused:

And unfortunately nobody has complaints of other languages having the switch occur, so we don’t know if it’s a specific issue to CJK which can have unique issues or just that nobody else is complaining.

I found this issue several times also, but I have no screenshot :slightly_frowning_face:. And I found that Microsoft Pinyin IME will make KiCAD 6.0.4 stop.

@ChenWeiQiang and @xzf16 can you test with the latest versions to see if the problems persists?

Latest 6.0.x for windows can be found here:
https://downloads.kicad.org/kicad/windows/explore/6.0-testing

Latest 6.99 for windows can be found here:
https://downloads.kicad.org/kicad/windows/explore/nightlies

Please test with both versions.

Eh, there haven’t been any commits to fix it.

I am upgrading the nightly dependency to wx 3.1.6 soonish (valve time) which does bring a bunch of locale detection and usage changes which might do something.

This issue is not fixed at the version 6.0.4-159-g729cf7a39d.

Blockquote
Application: KiCad (64-bit)
Version: (6.0.4-159-g729cf7a39d), release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.1.5
libcurl/7.78.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.11
Platform: Windows 10 (build 19044), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
Date: Apr 26 2022 05:10:27
wxWidgets: 3.1.5 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.76.0
OCC: 7.6.0
Curl: 7.78.0-DEV
ngspice: 36
Compiler: Visual C++ 1929 without C++ ABI
Build settings:
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Can any Chinese users try a 6.0 testing build?
https://downloads.kicad.org/kicad/windows/explore/6.0-testing

We moved to wx3.1.6 which changessome locale handling. Also from testing, the IME input freeze may be fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.