Thanks, it works!

This morning I started with Kicad and this evening I completed my first design. Much time was spent to make Free Router work on Mac, but it also worked (it revealed to be an old friend of mine: one thousand of years ago it was called Superrouter and sold with Pads).

I had a long experience designing PCBs, that helped me, but to be honest perhaps I designed a PCB for the last time in 2004, ehm, ehm…

Kicad is very OK: it has most of the features that I used to have in the old Pads, very fast, responsive and logic, much more than I expected for my personal hobbyist activity.

I wish to thank Albin for the suggestion for using the V6.99. I had only one crash in all the day, and I could recover.

Wonderful! The beginning of a long friendship, I believe.

Congratulations to the cooks of this splendid dish!

3 Likes

If you find a way to reproduce the crash, please report a bug. I’m not at the computer now but I believe that there’s a shortcut to bug reporting in the Help → About menu.

Also, install the latest nightly if you experience problems. If todays version had a bug, it may be fixed in tomorrows version.

Thanks, I will do.
I the meantime I discovered that the Free Router is available also as a plug-in. Wonderful!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.