Texas Instruments DWV IC footprint

I am using a TI ISO224 chip.
The footprint is identified as SOIC8 but also as DWV.
The dimensions clearly do not fit those of a “regular” SOIC8 and I cannot find any reference to it in the footprints libraries and would like to know if it exists somewhere or should I draw my own.
The pads have a pitch of 1.27mm, as in other SOIC but the center to center distance of the two lines is 10.9mm - much wider that a “regular” SOIC8.
This is the spec for the housing: https://www.ti.com/lit/ml/mpds382b/mpds382b.pdf?ts=1615126250281&ref_url=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252F

Go to and search in,
(deleted)
it might help you.

try the SOIC-8_7.5x5.85mm_P1.27mm footprint

I am presently using a AMC1306x and it is also marked as a DWV. the part is compatible with this footprint and a 3rd-party assembled the associated card without any problem.

but check the dimensions yourself

7 kV isolation requires more pad spacing, why they try to confuse us by calling it SOIC(8) I don’t know

The fact you seemed to have joined just to make this post makes me suspicious that you are associated perhaps? This type of activity is not prohibited but there are some unofficial guidelines to follow. Like affiliation disclosure.

idd :slight_smile: they also have an annoying habit of tweaking a JEDEC footprint …
I am using the ISO7740 part, and this is down as a SOIC (DW) but that is the front page of the datasheet. They at least had the courtesy to say it is a Wide-SOIC

PSA… if you are designing in detail, throw away the frontsheet… its a sales sheet

Sorry hermit
As you said I am new to this post.
Just to be clear. "I am not associated to anyone".
It was given by Texas Instrument themself !
Do not really appreciated your comment and the way you have done it
and It will be the last post from my part

Odd. Can’t find it in the SOIC housings library (using the latest version of Kicad). Is it elsewhere?

In 5.1.9 for Windows in Package_SO

It’s not perfect (I didn’t spend much time on it and got to the point where I’d be satisfied with it…) But, given that the only real need for a 3D-Model is for the 3D-viewer (and, perhaps exporting Steps), the attached is for your amusement and use…

Step file: DWV0008A_r0.step (293.3 KB)

.mod file DWV0008A.kicad_mod (1.7 KB)

It is better to create the footprint of the component as per the datasheet if the desired footprint is not available in the library.

The footprint I mentioned aligns with the TI part

Thanks all.
Found the footprint and will check it. At most I will draw my own - just wanted to save this work

The footprint I posted above was made to the spec you posted.

Use it and/or Tweak it in FreeCad (here’s the FreeCad file: DWV0008A_r0.FCStd (922.6 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.