Hey all, I've just added a bunch of work to support proper scaling on hi-dpi displays. It's probably not complete and I'd like to get some testing in before 5.0, so if there are any brave souls with such a display (ideally, over 200 DPI) and a willingness to run a nightly, I would love to collect some data from you.
The high DPI fixes are available in the latest macOS and Windows nightlies. Ubuntu nightly builds were down for security reasons and just came back up, so it's still not available there. Fedora will have it in the next build.
Here is the information I'd like from everyone:
- Operating system (including version! especially for Windows!)
- Resolution and physical size of display
- Diagnostic number in the eeschema General Options next to "Icon Scale"
- Do the dialogs and forms have a reasonable size by default? Does any text get cut off, or are any fields too small to type in? If there are still rough spots, where are they?
- Are the toolbar icons readable? What is their physical size on your display?
- If the icons are not readable, what icon scale setting ("general options" or "display options" in each application) works best?
Usual disclaimer: I strongly do not recommend the use of nightly builds for production projects. If you're not already using it that way anyway, I suggest uninstalling 4.0, installing the nightly to test, then removing the nightly and putting 4.0 back. In particular, no existing projects should be opened unless you back them up first. I take no responsibility for demons that fly out your nose as a result of using nightly for production.