Temporarily hide unrouted VCC and GND nets?

In Pcbnew, it would be helpful to temporarily hide the unrouted VCC and GND nets: I plan to pour them as top and bottom planes, so for now, they’re just visual noise.

Is there an idiomatic[*] trick for temporarily hiding a net?

• ff

[*] Spell checker turned that into “idiotic trick” the first time around. Pcbnew may be arcane, but not THAT arcane! :slight_smile:

I just pour them and turn them off visually. That works.

Hmm – I’m likely missing something: since I’m routing signal nets on the top and bottom plane, I can’t pour VCC and GND before I route the signal nets, or can I?

Just use the ‘b’ key to frequently refill as you go. I think the traces take priority. Never thought about it. I just do it.

2 Likes

Wow! That works just as advertised. Once upon a time I did a lot of layouts in Orcad – it would never let me “just do it” like KiCad does.

(As an aside: same deal with ripup: I spent a some of time trying to find out how to rip up an entire net in KiCad before I realized the proper idiom is simply to draw the new traces and let KiCad delete the old ones – I’m liking KiCad more and more!)

1 Like

That behavior is configurable: it’s the “Remove redundant tracks” checkbox in the Interactive Router preferences.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.