Symbol editor problem (5.99)

Hello!

I’m on Ubuntu 20.10. I have to create a new symbol. But when I try to open the symbol editor, I get this:
Screenshot from 2021-04-13 11-10-31

Indeed, when I do ls /usr/lib/kicad-nightly/share/kicad, I get only “3Dmodels” and “internat”, whatever it is. Where are the lins supposed to be? I suppose they were here in the past, because I have been using the symbol editor a few times, although not recently. Or maybe I should install the whole pack and not rely on Ubuntu updates?

Thanks for any hint.

I had this same problem not long ago. In my case, one day the nightly worked all well, and then the following day after an automatic update and install, it started having the problem. It turned out, the libraries and symbols were installed in /usr/lib/kicad/, while it was supposed to be installed in /usr/lib/kicad-nightly/.

I had to create a few symbolic links from /usr/lib/kicad-nightly to /usr/lib/kicad/.

Since then, I’ve stopped using the nightly install, started compiling everything needed from the gitlab repos. only doing an update once a while.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.