Symbol background color overlapping symbol body

Hello great forum,

First post and I absolutely love KiCad! Great update from 4 to 5!! :heart:

Recently I decided to challenge myself and try to implement USB Type-C into my design. When drawing the symbol I wanted to recreate a symbol I saw online (https://i.imgur.com/GmKTD6A.png) but I found that combining arcs and rectangles/ lines does not create a satisfying symbol. The problem for rectangles being the top and bottom line and for lines not being able to create background at all for the midpart. Is there a way to solve this?

(The overlapping pin numbers with the symbol body has already been solved, so no need to look at that)

Thanks in advance for your time!

Theo

Thanks i tried this. Help me :sunglasses:

Draw the mid section with the polygon tool rather than an entire rectangle!

Sadly using polygons doesn’t allow me to fill the area with background color :frowning:

It does work with a three sided polygon. Single line ‘polygons’ don’t seem to connect in a way that supports foreground, background fills which looks like a software shortcoming to properly enclose irregular shapes!

I presume you do have the same rounded shape at the lower end as well. In this case you are out of options as it stands.

Take a look at the symbol for the 4001 logic chip as found in the official library.

Screenshot_2019-05-22_10-47-58

Kind of tedious but does the trick. Thanks for pointing out that one.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.