Suggestion box for new features

old timer KiCad Newbie. Is there a place to make suggestions? I’d love to see a “save as” so I can use an existing project as a start for a new project(my processor, power system PCB layout will be the same in numerous projects)[schematic and pcb]. Also struggling to modify footprint for bottom side placement.

You can make feature requests in the bug tracker, but asking about them here is a good first step since people might be able to point out existing feature requests that are similar, or that your feature actually already exists!

Can you say more about modifying footprint for bottom side placement? Normally you draw footprints as if they are placed on the top side, and then when you are working on the board, you can flip them to the bottom side if desired.

Save as is already requested: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/594051

Implementing it with the current schematic file format is non trivial. The reason is that the cache and rescue libs would need special handling. This might not be an issue with the new file format as i assume that one will embed symbols in the schematic file. (The new file format should come with v6)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.