Stacked up components in pcbnew

Hello,

When we read a netlist in pcbnew , the components are stacked over each other. Is there a way to stack the components in different sets ie for eg: component A,B,C in STACK1 and D,E,F in STACK2. Also, on what criteria is this components stacked?

Thanks in advance

With Regards
Shalini

From http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/81415/can-i-make-kicad-pcbnew-not-place-all-components-at-0-0

Open PCBNEW
Import your netlist
Click on the “Mode” button near the upper right of your horizontal toolbar icons right under the “File”, “Edit”, horizontal menus. Make sure it is depressed, and says “Mode Footprint:” when you hover the mouse over the button.
Make sure you have the “Arrow” tool selected (topmost icon in the vertical list of icons on the right hand side of the screen).
Right click anywhere on the board (except directly on a component), select “Glob Move and Place…” ==> “Move All Modules”, and click “Yes” at the following prompt.
Done, and you don’t even have to create a “PCB_edges” layer. It intelligently separates the parts so they have at least a single “unit” radius (depending on your current grid resolution options) so there is no overlap with other components, as shown below.

Hello,

Thanks for reply.
  But I want to delete some components only after reading netlist. So if they were superimposed seperately , it would have been easy to delete it and work with rest of components. So i asked the question. Can we do it in some manner?

With regards
Shalini

@shahys … can you please not put your posts into these code block backticks
http://commonmark.org/help/
It makes reading your posts impossible to me as just the first 10 words are visible and I don’t want to scroll sideways…

2 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for reply.
But I want to delete some components only after reading netlist. So if they were superimposed seperately , it would have been easy to delete it and work with rest of components. So i asked the question. Can we do it in some manner?

Do you have a layout yet or only the components loaded via netlist?
If the latter, hit the ‘Mode Footprint’ button… then an empty area in the layout window with the right mouse button… and see the screenshot: