Splitting pin header symbol in schematic

Hi forum members,
How can I do a pin header in the schematic diagram where I can place the separate pins wherever I would like to but they will later be packed in their respective footprint?

(For instance I put a “Conn_01x08_MountingPin” to later connect to an Arduino Uno whose symbol does not have the pins in the same order. I tried to use separate pins (like J2:1) but the schematic then makes error codes for each pin. Thankful if anybody could tell me the secret to success.
(Hope this is not answered 1000 times already but I didn’t find any of them.)

The clean way is to use labels instead of placing every header pin somewhere scattered. This ensures that you have a nice documentation of the pin header in one place and the arduino on another.

But if you insist of having every pin scattered then make your own symbol where every header pin is in its own unit. (there is i think a maximum of 26 units per symbol so you are limited to pin headers with 26 pins max)

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Why one should make a new topic instead of reviving a very old one

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.