SPICE simulation for individual hierarchical sheets

I have a design with various subcomponents in hierarchical sheets. I’m able to simulate each hierarchical sheet independently by double clicking on the .kicad_sch file to open it in its own instance of Eeschema and then simulating it. I’ve also seen people have one project dedicated for simulation, which has a link to a single hierarchical sheet that you can change depending on which component you want to simulate.

These workarounds work but they’re not a great user experience. I’m wondering if KiCad could have an option to allow limiting a simulation to a particular hierarchical sheet without these workarounds?

I’m considering submitting a proper feature request for this, but I don’t have much experience with circuit design or KiCad, so I wanted to check first if this is something reasonable to ask for.

There’s already a feature request logged for it:

1 Like

Interesting feature. I can certainly see a use for it.

Perfect, thanks. I had searched for “sheet simulation” but not “subsheet simulation” so I missed it. Gitlab search isn’t great.

Gitlab search isn’t great.

That’s the understatement of the year…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.