Something is wrong with language translations

I haven’t gotten any spam from Weblate, yet.

Not sure about the ToS, life’s too short :slight_smile: But I can say that the only mails I’ve received from them since I registered in the beginning of this week is a confirmation mail, and a notification that I signed in from my computer.

That would be a misinterpretation. They collect data and they need to tell you why they collect the data that they do. So 5.2 is a pretty broad brush allowing them to use cookies to make money (they are a business). 5.3 just says that they won’t send you spam if you don’t click the “Send me spam” button.

FWIW, you do need to allow their internal cookies but I haven’t had any spam from them after 1 year of having an account.

So, how do they make money off your data? When you submit a translation, it goes into their database that they use to train suggestions for similar strings in the future. This allows them to sell their services. In general, they are a pretty ethical, open-source company that does good work for the community.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.