Some references not visible on silkscreen?

OK. Using an old version of KiCAD (below), but I suddenly noticed that when I look at the front SS in Gerbview, some component references, say “Q1” are son visible? When I look at their properties in PCBNew they look just like the ones that are visible, and they are set as visible. Any ideas?

Application: KiCad
Version: (2013-07-07 BZR 4022)-stable
Build: wxWidgets 2.9.4 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.7.2,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Boost version: 1.53.0
Options: USE_PCBNEW_NANOMETRES=ON
KICAD_GOST=OFF
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=OFF

Found the problem. For some reason KiCAD has placed these references on the back SS instead of the front? Any ideas why??

Also see: http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/75443/kicad-module-refernces-are-being-rendered-but-dont-show-up-on-gerber-plots

No idea… most people around here use 4.0.1/.2 stables or the latest nightlies, so anything past BZR6500 I think.
BZR4022 is a bit outdated compared to those, especially as the footprints have changed a lot from what you use (legacy) to what we deal with (.pretty folders with .kicad_mod footprints).
So even if we wanted to, we can’t really tell why footprint xyz in a legacy format in a 3 year old version of the program does behave odd.
Sorry.

Why don’t you upgrade your KiCAD?

As far as your problem, maybe someone still uses the 2013 stable version and want’s to help, but then he would need to know the footprint identifiers and where he can find them if those didn’t came with the standard legacy libs. Might be even better if you could attach/upload the ones in question.

Well, reason I have not upgraded is “because it works” you know :slight_smile: I will get this board done, then upgrade :slight_smile:

Gee… Got prototype boards back… Found out that this version of KiCAD has the diode symbols the wrong way around :slight_smile: Time to upgrade and to resolder 6 diodes…

1 Like