Some library questions

I think, you just need to have a faith in the git/svn/ and other SCCM, use it and see all your problems could be done in so many ways include your own ways. There so many people and industries use them, and your issue isn’t rare. You will find it out. Otherwise, you would hate these tools. :beers:

Hi

I was using on nightlies earlier in the year, so assumed it was still OK. I am on W10, so can’t help with Linux.

Paul

I still don’t know if in eagle you can have pin numbers at schematic. For LM7805 I have never show pin numbers but for microcontroler always. If I know that it is 44 pin case and see that pin I am interested is 35 I can easily find it. If I would have only its name finding it seems for me much more complicated.

Me too. And except one, old big schematic (about 1995) all others fit in one page (sometimes crowded).

I have two KiCad installations at two PCs. Working one with only my libraries in list (I install KiCad with all libraries). Reference one with default installation. At this second, before each installation I delete everything (meens including User\AppData\Roaming\kicad (Windows, I don’t know how in other systems). I use this second one for example when need to check something to report a bug. After having some my symbols I have no need to copy other symbols from KiCad libraries. When I need a footprint I find it at second PC and then copy right file at first PC, then rename and modify according to my needs.

See https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/6408 which was fixed by @JeffYoung. You can now try again (with the next nightly build which includes that commit). The BOM issue must be tested separately.

EDIT: there’s another bug in BOM generation. I should remember to report it later…

The BOM issue in parametrized hierarchical sheets is here: https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/6418.

EDIT: this has been fixed, too. So your use case should be fully supported – unless you can find more bugs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.