[SOLVED] V5.99 Cannot add a new symbol library

Could not access github for some reason.

With the below detailed version of Kicad I was attempting to convert a personal library part to the new format. My plan was to create a new personal library and save to that.

However when I try to add a Symbol library the program presents me with a OPEN dialog not a new dialog. The result is I cannot create a new library.

Thanks
John

Application: KiCad

Version: (5.99.0-7293-g56fa5a23c3), release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.5
libcurl/7.71.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1g (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.3.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.3.0) libssh2/1.9.0 nghttp2/1.41.0

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19041), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: Nov 30 2020 22:01:58
wxWidgets: 3.0.5 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.73.0
OCE: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.71.0
ngspice: 32
Compiler: GCC 10.2.0 with C++ ABI 1014

Build settings:
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

As you can see in the screenshot there’s “New Library” which creates a new library. “Add” adds an existing library.

1 Like

I just used:
Symbol Editor / File / New Library …
to make a new library, and then copied a schematic symbol from another library into it in KiCad V5.99.
It al works without troubles.

I’m not sure what your mention of github is in relation to this post.
The github plugin is apparently disabled, and probably sceduled to be removed completely at some time in the future, unless enough people complain and want it back. For more info read:

1 Like

I’ll chalk this one up to operator error. I would have sworn I had tried the “New Library” first, however I guess I either didn’t or had some other error.

Thanks
John

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.