[SOLVED]Use of net tie with solid fills

G’day,

I’m trying to separate the negative terminal of my power input from my board GND with the use of a net tie. I’m really struggling to mate the VBATT_- solid fill with the net tie, as the solid fill boundaries recede from the net tie whenever they’re re-processed (as one would expect).

Is there a simpler way to do this? I’ve played around with some files in Altium, and it seems you can quite easily create solid fill polygons, assign them to a net, and disable any automatic processing so the polygon you draw is fixed. Is this possible in KiCad?

Pic 1 below shows the net tie hard up against the edge of the VBATT_- fill; pic 2 shows what happens when I re-process the layers (pressing ‘b’ on the keyboard).

I believe I’ve solved this by using solid connections on the fill areas rather than thermal relief, which I should have been using from the start anyway given the current requirement of that net.

1 Like

Nice. I always feel better when I solve my own problems as well. Thank you for sharing your solution.

Would you mind editing the subject to add solved to it for future users trying to find a solution similar to yours? Thanx.

Consider it done! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.