[solved] Problème de vision 3D et intégration Fr (translate EN)

Bonsoir,
je ne suis qu’un modeste amateur et je me remet au design Electronique et je reviens donc vers Kicad qui a bercé mon enfance.
J’aurais bien uploadé mes fichiers mais les “new users are not allowed” …

Globalement, j’ai fait le schematic et je passe au PCB. Comme il y avait un Mosfet que je ne trouvais pas, j’ai voulu l’intégré aux libraires. J’ai donc téléchargé ce qu’il fallait sur cette page: https://componentsearchengine.com/search?country=US&language=en&source=1048575&term=SIHF6N40D

Tout ce passait bien jusqu’à ce que je regarde la vue 3D pour être sûr que je puisse tout souder et évaluer si les courants d’airs vont bien là où ils doivent aller (c’est à la louche mais c’est déjà pas mal…). Et là, mon composants n’existe pas. Les trous sont bien tracés mais le composants en lui même n’apparaît pas. Idem pour celui-ci: https://componentsearchengine.com/part/1786626/model/download
Par ailleurs, depuis que j’ai ajouter ces deux composants, j’ai une lenteur monstrueuse pour passer de “schematic” à “pcb”.

Du coup, deux questions:

• est-ce un problème connu que l’import des composants ne se passe pas très bien dans kicad?
  • est-ce qu’il y a une difficulté à mettre des composants supplémentaires dans les bibliothèques?

Par ailleurs, je précise qu’avant l’intégration je n’avais aucun problème (lenteur ou représentation) et que je suis sur un Ryzen 7 2700 avec 16 Go (ce qui me semble amplement suffisant pour kicad et ma 40aine de composants…

Désolé pour l’absence de traduction mais je suis vraiment trop mauvais en anglais…

Reverso translate:

Good evening,
I am only a modest amateur and I go back to Electronic design and I come back to Kicad who rocked my childhood.
I would have uploaded my files but the “new users are not allowed” …

Overall, I did the schematic and I switched to the PCB. As there was a Mosfet that I couldn’t find, I wanted it integrated into the booksellers. So I downloaded what was needed on this page: (see up)

Everything was going well until I looked at the 3D view to be sure that I could weld everything together and assess if the air currents are going well where they should go (it’s suspicious but it’s already not bad…). And there, my component does not exist. The holes are well drawn but the component itself does not appear. Same for this one: (see up)

So, two questions:
- is it a known problem that the import of components is not going very well in kicad?
- Is there a difficulty in putting additional components into libraries?

Moreover, I specify that before the integration I had no problem (slowness or representation) and that I am on a Ryzen 7 2700 with 16 GB (which seems to me ample enough for kicad and my 40 of components…

Sorry for the lack of translation but I am really too bad in English…

Try uploading now…

boosterinverter.kicad_pcb (132.5 KB) boosterinverter.pro (918 Bytes) boosterinverter.sch (16.9 KB)

Well, of course, it’s works for upload…

Thanks for replie.

Unless I missed something I can’t seem to find a FAQ for what must be a frequent question why there are no 3D models for some components, I can only find FAQs about how to create models using StepUp etc.

The Vishay data sheet seems to include a 3D model so it may be a question of importing or converting it and putting it in the right place in the filesystem. Or using a generic TO-220 model.

From the comment about the computing power OP apparently believes 3D models are generated on the fly.

OP, as a workaround, can you assign the footprint Package_TO_SOT_THT:TO-220-3_Vertical to your MOSFET using edit symbol properties?

https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/3815, please give a thumb up there.

Thanks for the clue.
It was very simple. The two files that appear in 3d settings weren’t in the good folder.
I added the good file with the good folder, delete the others and all works fine…
Newbie mistake…
Thanks a lot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.