[Solved] Pins representation

Hi all,

I would like to know what kind of symbol I should use.

I tried using the pwr_flag for Vin and Vout

and I having error

Thanks in advance.

What i was initially thinking was having a pin header on the schematic and run through the rule check I got errors and I went to search on the forum and found out I need power flag.

What I want is to be able to translate to pcbnew for the input and output.

May I ask by modifying is to edit through part library editor?

This might not always be the best idea.
I had a kicad workshop recently where a guy did this. I manually checked his board. I found that he has no power supply for his components. ERC did not complain because he simply changed the electrical type of a few pins.

In my mind the best option is to use the power flag. (near where the power is supplied to the board. It is not a good idea to connect all power symbols do a power flag at a central location.)

Could I use a general power flag and place it on the Vin line?

@Andy_P I have put the power flag at the input and how do I set the output of the connector on the schematic? Do I change the value or do I have to manually change the pins on the connector?

Thanks in advance.

Iā€™m sorry I should be more clear, how do I define the pin as power output? I place the power flag and the pin is define as power input.

The error stated that power input is not driven but the connection is going to the output. Or do I have to put power flag at the output?

I kinda confuse on the input and output of the symbol, I wanted to have input and output using the pin header and I could not seem to change the pins behavior unless I have to go to the edit with the library editor.

I place a power flag near voltage source part. It is much faster.

1 Like