[solved] Pin with wrong connection

Hi all,

I am using Kicad 4.0.7.

My problem is on my schematic I did not connected a pin to another but on the PCBnew the pin is somehow connected to a pin which I do not want to. I post an image about the matter.

I have edit and generate the netlist and also in PCBnew reload the netlist and change the footprint, still the same result.

I not sure what I have made a mistake.

Any feedback or comment will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Which pins are connected in pcb_new? Maybe use the highlight net tool to show us that. (the 4 pads you show in your screenshot all are connected to a different nets. Did you show the “corrected” version?)

And you might want to show a larger area of the schematic such that we might be able to see a problem.

Somewhere on your schematic you have applied the label “INTVC1” to a net also connected to GND. KiCad picks one name.

May I ask is this the culprit?

Yes that would cause the problem.

Thank you @bobc and @Rene_Poschl, I’ll go fix it and see if that is the case.

OMG, Thank you very much @bobc and @Rene_Poschl!!!

I was staring at my schematic for hours and I could not figure out what went wrong.

:slight_smile:

I wish KiCad would flag an error for that, it’s an easy mistake to make.

I see no reason why connecting two or more conflicting net names shouldn’t cause an ERC warning

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.