[SOLVED] KiCAD crash when aligning components in PCB Editor

Hi,

I’m using PPA version of KiCAD on Ubuntu 16.04, i know this is discouraged to “regular” users, but i think i had found a weird behavior on the PCB Editor, i had searched on the bug tracker but haven’t found something similar.

KiCAD crash when i try to align two footprints on the PCB Editor. I would like to ask if somebody can confirm or correct me if i am doing something wrong, so in case it’s a bug i can report it on the proper place.

To replicate:

1. Download the dummy project attached.
  2. Open PCB Editor.
  3. Select a couple of footprints, right click and select align and distribution option. (Maybe i am using it wrong here).
  4. Choose wherever option you like, align to right, left, top or bottom.
  5. KiCAD crashes :D.

Please let me know if i’m doing something silly, i haven’t used KiCAD in a couple of months.

KiCAD Info:

Application: kicad
Version: no-vcs-found-7403~56~ubuntu16.04.1, release build
Libraries: wxWidgets 3.0.2
libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2g zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.32 librtmp/2.3
Platform: Linux 4.4.0-53-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK

• Build Info -
    wxWidgets: 3.0.2 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
    Boost: 1.58.0
    Curl: 7.47.0
    KiCad - Compiler: GCC 5.4.0 with C++ ABI 1009
    Settings: USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
    USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
    KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
    KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
    BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
    KICAD_USE_SCH_IO_MANAGER=OFF
    KICAD_USE_OCE=ON

iCE_LEDs.zip (7.8 KB)

Hi Carlos47,

The problem should be already fixed in revision b20323d. We would be grateful for reporting bugs on the bug tracker, as we instantly receive notifications there. We check kicad.info forum only every now and then.

1 Like

Hi orsonmmz,

Yes, i was only trying to be sure it’s a bug before reporting it, it was confirmed by another user on another forum, and then i filled the bug report [1]. Anyway just updated KiCAD and seems to be solved :smiley: .

Thanks
-c

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1651357

1 Like