[Solved] Issue with pyclipper after Kicad update to ver.6.0.4

Hi,
There were already few topics about this however I do not find solution for my issue.
After Kicad update to version 6.0.4 (where old KiCad 5.1.9 still on PC - should I remove it ?), it seems that RF_tools scripts are not working well. I’m trying to run via_fence and get message:
obraz

What is interesing, when I try to install this, from command line I get:

c:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\bin>pip install pyclipper
Requirement already satisfied: pyclipper in c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python37-32\lib\site-packages (1.3.0.post2)

However when trying to install from c:\Program Files\KiCad\bin, I get following:

c:\Program Files\KiCad\bin>pip install pyclipper
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 reached the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 is no longer maintained. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7. More details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support
Collecting pyclipper
  Using cached pyclipper-1.3.0.post2.tar.gz (132 kB)
  Installing build dependencies ... done
  Getting requirements to build wheel ... error
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: 'c:/Program Files/KiCad/bin/python.exe' 'c:\Program Files\KiCad\lib\python2.7\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pep517\_in_process.py' get_requires_for_build_wheel 'c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\tmpi9wnvz'
       cwd: c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-he08or\pyclipper
  Complete output (4 lines):
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "c:\Program Files\KiCad\lib\python2.7\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pep517\_in_process.py", line 26, in <module>
      import compat
  ImportError: No module named compat
  ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: 'c:/Program Files/KiCad/bin/python.exe' 'c:\Program Files\KiCad\lib\python2.7\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pep517\_in_process.py' get_requires_for_build_wheel 'c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\tmpi9wnvz' Check the logs for full command output.

Maybe the script is recalling wrong path, however where and how to change it ?

Thanks in advance

You have to use the KiCad 6.0 Command Prompt in your start menu

Trying to run pip directly from \bin of KiCad will never work because Python was never meant for embedding in software properly. The KiCad 6.0 Command Prompt setups the environment to trick it.

1 Like

Great thank you ! It works.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.