[SOLVED] How do I move a reference label in KiCAD 6?

I just migrated to KiCAD 6 (and to a Mac) and I can’t figure out how to move a reference label in PCBNew. I can’t select the reference and hovering over it then pressing ‘M’ does nothing. I can’t find anything in preferences or the menus. I’m at a loss!

Is this a new design or something from an older version that you ‘brought forward’? I just tried and all I have to do on my Linux box is click on it to highlight and then press the mouse key and move it. I don’t know if layer matters but have you tried making the silkscreen the active layer?

1 Like

Check that the selection filter includes text

Bottom right hand corner of PCB Editor.

don’t know if layer matters but have you tried making the silkscreen the active layer?

Thanks. This was it - I had to select the silk screen layer. Text was already selected in the selection filter.

1 Like

Not sure why it is that way on the Mac but as long as it works. :smiley:

Fwiw, this is not the way it works in 6.0.7 on my Mac.
All I have to do is click on the text, regardless of what layer is selected. In can be hard to select text which overlaps other objects, but zooming in helps.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.