[Solved] Ghost voters in likes, because I had notifications muted

I have seen likes on posts where if you click on the number and mouse over the blank space where a user icon should be, the tooltip just shows unknown/deleted user. Edit: This happened on a very recent post like minutes ago so it’s not a historical post where the user has left. What’s happening?

Edit: should have provided a screenshot from the start:

ghost-voter

The post in question is: Semantic problem with KiCad component treatment? - #125 by retiredfeline

1 Like

Interesting, I haven’t seen any. Can you give any kind of pointer? I don’t see anything relevant in forum logs.

The like was from me, but I have no idea why you can not see it.

I can see it when I click on the “1”.

Edit:
I gave you another one in this thread. Can you see that one?

I dunno, I can see both Paul’s both likes and the liker normally.

Same as eelik. Granted this thread is now marked as [solved], so I guess paulvdh as already solved his issue.

Side note, I didn’t realize that I could click on the number to see who upvoted a comment. On my own comments clicking on the heart will show me who upvoted my own comment, but clicking on the heart on someone else’s comment will cast my own upvote (as we all know). I learned something new about this forum. :smiley:

It was one of those serendipitous things. I noticed that the tooltip didn’t fire on the number, only the heart so I realised there were two buttons there.

Turned out I had notifications turned off for likes. It’s not so bad with it on, I’m used to ignoring the notificaiton dot on my avatar.

The forums that insist on sending you email whenever significant events occur are more annoying. Once a user (on another forum) sent me a private message. Unfortunately his setting was CR sends message. So I got one email for each sentence. I try to keep my email volume down. You can’t just turn it all off, sometimes there is email you have to respond to. But sometimes it works in my favour. One supermarket sends me email with pixel trackers. I usually glance and delete. My reader doesn’t display pictures. So they don’t know if I’m seeing their offers. Wait long enough and they send me free money to check if I’m still reading; just got some yesterday. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.