Solder mask settings not working anymore?

I just noticed that the Board Setup > Solder Mask settings don’t seem to work anymore. Regardless of which values I enter for solder mask expansion, minimum web width or copper clearance nothing changes in the layout. The expansion seems to be fixed to 100um, but that’s about it. Can anyone confirm? (KiCad v8.0.3 on Debian 12)

For clarification:

Only solder mask expansion set to 50u and the other values set to 0 work as expected:

If I increase the expansion, the result is also as expected:

But now if I set a minimum web width it has no effect. The minimum width is zero in this example and I also don’t get an explicit DRC error.

If I set a value for mask to copper clearance it has also no visible effect.

It could be that I misunderstand the values but there is no documentation that I found which could clarify the issue.

You may have in the footprint set flag: “Allow bridged solder…”.

One IC at my PCB with this problem generated several dozen Errors. But if I switch them off I can miss error I am interested in.
I was sure that all flags in footprint are at first properties tab and didn’t found this setting there.
So (about 2 weeks ago) I wrote a Feature Request to add such flag to be told by developers that this flag is on the second page.

Yeah, the bridge flag is not set, I double checked that :smiley: I created an inssue, let’s see, what the devs say. [PCBNew] Solder mask settings with unclear implementation and missing documentation (#18442) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab