Silkscreen view options

While I was panelizing a board I discovered that when viewing only the silkscreen layer any through-holes such as vias are still visible in 8.0.5 (this wasn’t the case in v5.1.12). There are only copper layers in any of these holes. I assume this may have been done to make it easier to keep actual silkscreen graphics and text from colliding with vias instead of keeping a top or bottom copper layer visible to help accomplish this. Is there any way to turn off this option? I looked and did not find anything. Creating the Gerber files shows there is only the wanted graphics on the silkscreen layer so it’s purely a viewer thing.

Another surprising thing is that when I was panelizing the board, a few parts had their values showing up in the silkscreen view. These are parts with footprints that I imported and did not create myself. The one thing they have in common is they have the value on the silkscreen layer but with the “view” checkbox unchecked. On my single board I don’t see these on the silkscreen layer, but for some reason after arraying the board on my panel they all show as visible on the silkscreen layer (in a different color than other silkscreen text like reference designators or graphic symbols). If I examine the “view” property of one of these components that shows a value on the silkscreen, it it still turned off yet I can still see it. But again it’s only on the panelized board not the single board. The Gerber silkscreen output does not have these text values so it’s more of just an annoyance than anything else.

You said nothing how are you making panles if the KiCad (as far as I know) just have no build-in panelizing functionality.
I imagine that you work on gerbers to make panels. It seems not being possible than there are no texts in your source one PCB gerbers and then are in your panel.
So your panel making tool (whatever you use) probably has access to your KiCad files and has an error in interpreting it.

I don’t use any tool other than KiCad. I use a standalone PCB panel board that has multiple single boards using the array function, drawing in the rails, V-score and routing lines on the user drawing layer (edge cuts has the panel outline) to create my panel PCB. Once I am happy with the completed panel I create the gerber files from that. But I don’t work with gerber files other than creating the final production files.