Silkscreen Logo Not Showing Up in Library

So I was going to create my own silkscreen logo and I got the process down. Create Logo as PNG, go into Bitmap2Component, export the logo as I want it, open the .kicad_mod file and change LOGO to the name I want it. But when I add them to my .pretty folder (which I then added as a library in KiCAD), sometimes the logo doesn’t show up in the library. I’ve been able to add three files to the library and have them show up. But I don’t see any differences with the files I create now and the three that work.

I’m running KiCAD 4.0.5 on Windows 10.

Thoughts?

Caching? Try reloading the footprints libs. Go to Footprint Libraries Manager, then just press OK. If that doesn’t work, you will need to restart KiCad.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well. Huh. I don’t normally close KiCAD and it was working before. Not sure why I would need to close it to make it find the things. Since you don’t need restart for the other libraries, that confused me.

The more complex the code base the more likely hood of something strange and unexpected happening. We prefer to think a cosmic ray flipped a memory bit though. :wink:

1 Like