Show all the footprints of a library

Hello everyone, in older versions of Kicad, there were * .brd files that contained all the footprints of the same library in a single file. It was utilile to have an overview of all the footprints of the library. Can anyone tell me if this exists in the latest version of Kicad or if there is a plugin that could do the same job? Thank you very much,

Denis.

A couple years ago a Forum member contributed a script that created a *.pdf file showing all of the footprints in a collection of libraries. I can’t seem to locate it at the moment, but perhaps somebody else has a link to that old post.

I agree that this can be very useful information! At the very least, a quick visual scan will let you find footprints that are similar to what you need, and then you can explore them in the footprint editor to find the one(s) that best match your unique requirements for a particular design.

I think it would be useful to have such a document included in the standard KiCAD documentation that gets installed with the program itself (at <KiCAD_Installation_Directory>\share\doc\kicad ). A similar document, showing all of the available schematic symbols, would also be helpful.

Dale

Hello Dale,
A big thank you for the answer. I totally agree with you, with the Eagle software, there is an ulp file (http://eagle.autodesk.com/eagle/ulp?page=22) “show_all_packages.ulp” which generates this for any library, it is really very useful to make a quick search for a component.
Denis.

Run Footprint Library browser, select Connector_Molex libraray, select first footprint in it and press and keep Down arrow to go through all footprints.
I think it is a good method to fast find footprint similar to what I need, as footprints are in series.

I suppose that footprints printed would need not only one A4 paper and looking through will took me more time.

I use this method with the down arrow to browse them quite quickly. With the Eagle ULP, if the library is very large, it adds as many files as needed for the packages to print with the size 1: 1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.