Setup Kicad/Freecad to import pcb via StepUp

Hello all,
I’m new in Kicad and wondering how I can configure correctly 3D libs in order to import Kicad project to FreeCad by using SteUp plugin. When I load the board in FreeCad, only the pcb is visible, all components are missing…
I have 3D models in the project directory.

How can I do to solve this problem ?

thanks for your help

I was doing it a while ago for myself, but add paths in FreeCAD StepUp options to directories containing xxx.3Dshapes libraries.
For example if your 3D library location is:
/home/user/MyProject/MyLibrary.3dshapes/
add path:
/home/user/MyProject/
(this is for Linux, but same principals are for Windows).

I think also KiCAD paths location from its preference work, so you can use ${KICAD7_3DMODEL_DIR}, ${KICAD7_3RD_PARTY} or whatever else you set it up in KiCAD. Have a look in KiCAD > Preference > Configure Paths.

I think you can add 3 or 4 different directories, so I’d keep standard 3D model path (which I think is ${KICAD7_3DMODEL_DIR}) as well as your custom paths.

@exolune78
you need to set the 3d folder paths as in the kicadStepUp FreeCAD preference settings:
here an old image, now there are 4 folder options

Please note that the preference page is available only when the kSU workbench has been loaded in FreeCAD.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.