Set Symbol Editor To Show Inches Not MM

I just updated to latest version coming from 5.02. Have issue in how to set Symbol Editor to show inch measurements in the status bar. Eeschema set to inches but in Symbol Editor it is mm. If there is no setting I can go back to previous version which was fine as I just use to draw pictorial type diagrams.
Thank you

Application: Eeschema
Version: 5.1.4-e60b266~84~ubuntu18.04.1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.58.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1 zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/2.0.4 libpsl/0.19.1 (+libidn2/2.0.4) nghttp2/1.30.0 librtmp/2.3
Platform: Linux 4.15.0-58-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8) GTK+ 3.22
Boost: 1.65.1
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.58.0
Compiler: GCC 7.4.0 with C++ ABI 1011

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

True that the symbol editor preferences don’t have the unit, but you don’t need to go into the preferences editor to change this. Look at the left-hand tool bar and try clicking the button indicated by the red arrow in this screenshot:
2019-08-15%2014_27_46-Symbol%20Editor

1 Like

Thank you very much, totally missed the button. In Eeschema there are also two buttons and the inch is set. (don’t want to but cannot change to mm) In my Symbol Editor it was indeed set to mm. Switched to in and all is well. (also don’t want to but pressing mm doesn’t change back to mm)
Thank’s again, can continue adding to my library.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.