Sensor Power supplies

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

Hi, i’m making a flight computer for a rocket with the BMP280 and the MPU6050. The schematic I got online has pins like VIN and so on, but in the example of the BMP280, there are only pins for VDDIO and VDD, while the MPU6050 has VLOGIC and VDD. So, is VIN equivalent to VDD, or am i missing something here? Thanks a lot.

Defintely not a footprint question, schematic is closer, but possibly a circuit design question which is out of scope.

You should check the datasheets and/or application notes for such details. My first guess is they should all be connected to the same power supply, but possibly with some extra filtering, or extra attention for decoupling.

Yes, and No… Yes in the sense that Both are Supply Voltages and can be named anything the mfg want (i.e., Vdd, Vcc, Vss, V…etc) But ‘No’ in the specific Voltage value.

The 6050 has a 3Vmin and 5Vmax range and the 280 has … see screenshot. So, you need to ensure not exceeding the 3.6V. Thus, make appropriate circuit adjustments (can use resistors, diodes and LED’s… to reduce supply down to 3.6 or, use a 3.x supply source… Could also pump the 5v into a 7803 regulator to supply the 3v…

1 Like

Subject category changed to Projects

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.