Semantics of an analog signal generator

Hi

I am creating a diagram of an analog signal generator, I am using the dspic33 and the AD669 DAC module, my colleague has already written the program, he controls the L1 and CS inputs of the DAC with the same signal coming from the dspic33, I would like to know Can I connect them together or is this not correct?
I power the AD669 with a voltage coming from a DC/DC converter. Do I also have to add decoupling candans in this case

Have another read through the datasheet, in particular the section Digital Circuit Details. The three control pins are ~CS, ~L1 (both ACTIVE LOW), and LDAC (ACTIVE HIGH). The data pins DB0-DB15 are input to the first register. ~CS and ~L1 control the latch of the first register, i.e. when either signal is HIGH the first register output is fixed to the value of the data pins at the time of latching. The second register is latched by LDAC, i.e. when LDAC is LOW, the second register is latched.

Depending on the desired behaviour when updating the DAC output, you may wire the control pins in several different ways. The example AD699 to DSP56001 Interface shows that you can tie all three control signals together. Then when the control inputs are driven LOW, the first register is unlatched/transparent and the second register is latched, preventing the DAC output from changing while writing the next input the the device. When the control signals then are driven HIGH, on the rising edge the first register latches the inputs, preventing new writes to the DAC, and the second register is unlatched, updating the DAC output.

Hello and welcome @mamel

It is best if you check your data sheet for the product to find the answer.

thank you, yes I just wanted to know was it electrically correct