Selected Component in eeschema Is not Highlighted

Starting with 5.1.1, I observed that when I select, even double click on, a component in eeschema, it is not highlighted. However, the corresponding package in pcbnew is highlighted. If I select a package in pcbnew, the corresponding component in eeschema is also highlighted. So, it seems to me that highlighting in eeschema works but somehow is not activated when a component there is selected. The bug persists in 5.1.2. Here are the details of my installation:

Application: kicad
Version: 5.1.2-f72e74a~84~ubuntu16.04.1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.2
libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2g zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.32 librtmp/2.3
Platform: Linux 4.15.0-47-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.2 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8) GTK+ 2.24
Boost: 1.58.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.8.0
Curl: 7.47.0
Compiler: GCC 5.4.0 with C++ ABI 1009

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

In my experience symbols have never been highlighted when clicked on in eeschema. Actually symbols or other items can’t be selected at all in eeschema by clicking on them. The behavior is annoying and inconsistent between application and I hope it will be changed before 6.0.

We are planning on updating Eeschema to use the selection model from PcbNew as part of the 6.0 effort.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I thought it might be possible.

As of version 5.1.1 the only case of highlighting seems to be on selection of a component in Pcbnew and then switch to Eeschema. The component will be highlighted reddish in Eeschema.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.