SCSI1 or RJ21 Male and Female Connector CAD file

I’m looking for a footprint file of a RJ-21 Male and Female connector.

Known as:
RJ-21
SCSI1
Amphenol
25 pair 50 pin telco
Centronics C50
CN50
Cent50

I have looked high and low and have not been able to find a footprint CAD doc.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

You posted it in the footprint section, so you probably have read:

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

How hard can it be to find a datasheet for that common connector?
Did you try websites of manufacturers?
Did you try the big stores (Digikey / Mouser / Farnell / Element 14 / LCSC / Etc.?

On top of that.
There are usually many different footprints for the same type of connector. The “connecting” side is standardized, but the way it is mounted to the PCB is not. And therefore you really need the footprint that fits your exact connector, so you have to buy them from a good source, that also delivers the datasheet for the connector, or you have to buy a bunch of those connectors, measure it and reverse engineer a fitting footprint yourself.

I wondered why I have seen that same sentence many times! :smile: I have never originated a post in the foot prince category.

But to reinforce what paulvdh is saying; I would assume you are buying one particular connector, and the manufacturer ought to publish a datasheet for it. Especially for a connector, I would expect that the manufacturer datasheet should include a recommended footprint. If there are many manufacturers, I would buy from one which gives you a good footprint drawing. Although the connector mating may be interchangeable, the pcb footprints may not be. So it is important to know which manufacturer’s connector you will use. Refer to that manufacturer’s datasheet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.