Schematic to PCB problem

Hello,
I have a Schematic, which have zero error.
But when I “Update PCB from Schematic” I get 46 warnings about “no net found”.
Example: “Warning: No net found for symbol A1 pin 4.”
I do not understand why.
How can I fix it?

Schematic symbols and PCB footprints are quite loosely coupled in KiCad. Any PCB footprint can be assigned to any schematic symbol, and KiCad uses the “pin numbers” (Actually up to 4 character alpha numeric string) to do the matching of the schematic pins with the PCB pads.

I have forced the same warning type:

I actually do find the warnings misleading.
I took an existing (random) project, and assigned a 34 pad connector footprint to a two pin schematic symbol for a capacitor. After that (And Schematic Editor / Tools / Update PCB from Schematic [F8]) I get the warnings shown above. But the capacitor symbol (C18) does not have a pin 3 at all. The PCB footprint does have a pad nr 3 (and also 4 through 34). Hmmm, I wonder if this is worth a bug report on Gitlab…

Check your footprints. All pads of the footprints must have a pin in the schematic symbol. You can either modify your schematic symbol and add those pins, or modify the footprint and remove the unused pads.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.
This was the problem

I think it is.
It can’t find a net for footprint pad and writes that it can’t find a net for symbol pin while that symbol has no that pin.
When reading OP post I was not sure what warning really tells and having no KiCad at hand…

Issue created:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.