Schematic symbol background color

Hi folks,

I know it’s a little OCD but still…
I imported a schematic symbol from SnapEDA and noticed that the background color is white:

All the other symbols have the classic yellow’ish background color:

Is there a way to change the background color form the first symbol from white to the “standard”?

Thanks in advance!

Save it to a personal library and then edit the outer rectangle. If you right click on the rectangle you can adjust the properties to ‘Fill with body background colour’. Save your modified symbol.

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 15.40.08

Thanks you.
That’s exactly what I tried but the background color stays white.
I guess I’ll just draw it new real quick

Can you post it here? It is possible that the symbol is malformed in some way and might be worth letting SnapEDA know if there is an issue.

Of course, I’ll upload it with this post
SS495A.lib (611 Bytes)

Its been made with four lines around the edge not a polygon. Just replace the lines with a polygon and it should allow you to fill it.
Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 15.50.22

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense. Thank you, John!

Whilst you are at it, you might also like to edit the pin types - they are all set to bidirectional but VCC & GND should be power in if you want ERC to work.

3 Likes

I already changed that but thanks for noticing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@C.M.Bracho (From Snapeda) You may want to look into this, to generate polygons instead of lines for higher quality symbols.

Thanks paulvdh for reaching out. It seems this symbol was uploaded by one of our users, and we’re going to check on it.

Also, we’re going to inform about this process to our team, we really do appreciate your feedback, guys!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.