Schematic Parity Gone, Must Export Netlist

Hello,
I am not sure what happened… I am using KiCAD 6.
Usually, the netlist in PCB Editor comes from the schematic, and I can run Parity Check against schematic.
However, this project, something happened and that is no longer working.
I have to export the netlist from schematic editor - File->Export->Net List , then import that file in PCB Editor.
I no longer have a checkbox to enable parity checking in the DRC (I think it is in there?), when I run a DRC, the Schematic Parity tab says (Not Run)… No where I can find to re-enable it. ?

Help!?

Geez, I’d forgotten how 6.0 looked and I had to go look at the old documentation. This shows that there should be a check box to cause the parity check to be run:

Maybe you ran the PCB editor in standalone mode and so the PCB was not correlated to a schematic? Standalone mode is for special uses. You should (nearly) always start the editors from the project manager panel.

Thank you for your time and reply.

That is the problem. That checkbox does not exist on my DRC for some reason.

I started from a project, schematic, pcb editor… I did not run in standalone mode for this.
Oh, wait… This project has 2 PCB files. One made from freerouter, the second one is a backup of that and cleaned up.
The PCB with freerouter in the name has the checkbox to check against the schematic. Whereas, my Save As… and modified PCB from that point on no longer has that ability. I guess in this case I am running the PCB editor in standalone mode.

Is there a way to associate my Save As… PCB with the schematic? If not, I think some file renaming might work.

No, that is not true. In KiCad, a project only has a single PCB, and that PCB has the same name as the project. If there are other PCB files in the same directory, then those are not part of the project. So apparently those names got mixed up somehow during working on the project.

To fix it, do something like this:

1. Backup your project.
  2. Exit KiCad.
  3. Delete or rename the PCB file that now has the project name.
  4. Rename the right file to have the project name.
  5. Start KiCad and verify it works again now.

I guess from now on you will remember that the schematic and layout files (and indeed all the other files in the project) are associated by having a common basename.