Schematic linking

A newbie friend gave me a set of schematics that were created as individual schematics, not as additional sheets. As a result, nothing is linked. A net on one page doesn’t know the same net on another page. Somehow he still managed to create a netlist, but I would like the schematics correctly linked together. How do I do this?

TIA
Bruce

Maybe he did not give you the root sheet and he actually may have used all the sheets as hierarchical sheets?

1 Like

Best way is probably to ask your friend what he did.

If he turns out to not be such a good friend, then:

• Create new project with the top sheet.
  • Dump all the schematic files in that project directory.
  • Add hierarchical sheets in the project, and use the existing schematic files.
  • Repair / patchup.

He’s a newbie. He doesn’t know what he did, but I think I have it figured out. He drew the root and 3 additional schematics in standard hierarchical format. Then for some reason he added 2 more sheets, starting a new hierarchy, making each one a root. Then he added the first root and its 3 sub drawings. It’s a mess but I can fix it, I think.

Thanks

Bruce

2 Likes

You could point your friend to the FAQ for future projects. Especially this topic: Hierarchical or flat schematic design, what is best for me? (How to deal with multi page schematics?)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.