Schematic and Symbol Editor won't open [Solved]

I cannot get the Symbol or Schematic Editor to run on version 6. Everything else works. Any suggestions that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. More details are below.

Problem:
The schematic and Symbol Editor both fail to open and error windows appear. The error messages are:
Error 1

Error 2

Version:
I’ve tried both the *-i686.exe and *-x86_64.exe versions from the nightly builds from the past several days. The same problem occurs.

OS:
Windows 10

Additional Info:
All other applications run (PCB Editor, Footprint Editor, Gerber Viewer, et cetera).

I’ve tried uninstalling everything (including the MS Visual C++ Redistributable), restarting, and re-installing without success.

My version 5 of KiCad runs fine.

Could it be related to the link below?

Thanks, but I don’t think so. I’ve tried several downloads and the same problem persists.

I’m having the software crash either. KiCad continues to run, just those 2 apps won’t open.

The link sent by @paulvdh agrees what I was thinking. (I am no expert.) Why not try un-installing and removing any previous downloads. Then install the 64 bit 5.99 version (that is what I use…I can remember some more minor issue once when I installed the 686 version by mistake.) I run Windows 10 on a very run-of-the-mill 2014 vintage laptop with 8G of RAM. BTW I run the “lite” installers. But I will not buy lite beer.

I don’t have 5.1.x installed on my office machine but I have been trying 5.99 on it for couple of months. one weekly update for the nightly directly overwriting previous install showed no issue.
But when 6.0rc1 came I deliberately un-installed 5.99 removed all the data from C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\kicad and then installed fresh nightly with 6.0rc1. I don’t have crashing issues.
KiCad does implement version separate folders now but having known previous lib-table related issues, I felt this extra effort was better. I did note the new theme and packages related new files present in userdata folder.

edited userdata folder path

I finally got it working. The solution was in line with your suggestions: Uninstall all versions of KiCad, go through the folders and make sure everything was deleted, then reinstall.

Thanks, everyone!