Running the kicad_netlist_reader script from command line not working

Greetings!

I am running 5.99 on win10. and would like to run the kicad_netlist_reader python script from the command line to generate an xml file from the schematic.

It runs fine from within eeschema BOM and the xml file is created from my schematic, t_kgf_diffpair, as desired.

The run command according to the BOM script tool is as follows…

Run command:
python “C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\scripting\plugins/kicad_netlist_reader.py” “C:\ydrive\Kicad_UCOSMprojects\CMOS_lp_transceivers\schematics\kgfworking\sch\t_kgf_diffpair.xml” “C:/ydrive/Kicad_UCOSMprojects/CMOS_lp_transceivers/schematics/kgfworking/sch/t_kgf_diffpair”

Success

I then try to run in windows command prompt using exact copy and paste from eeschema BOM tool

python “C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\scripting\plugins/kicad_netlist_reader.py” “C:\ydrive\Kicad_UCOSMprojects\CMOS_lp_transceivers\schematics\kgfworking\sch\t_kgf_diffpair.xml” “C:/ydrive/Kicad_UCOSMprojects/CMOS_lp_transceivers/schematics/kgfworking/sch/t_kgf_diffpair”

When I do this, no XML file is generated. Nor do I get any error messages.

My understanding is a python script may be executed using
python “myprogram.py” “parameter1” “parameter2”

Typing python alone does seem to open the python interpreter. Im stuck!

Any help for this poor circuit designer?

Thanks
Kevin

Script does not generate xml file, it reads xml file and outputs some other file.

Xml is generated by eeschema and then passed on to the script.

There is no way to generate xml from command line, at least not until eeschema python api is ready which is supposed to be Soon™.

2 Likes

OK, well that explains it!

Very much appreciate your reply… all the best, Kevin

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.