Running kifield from the command line

I am late to the topic but I am having trouble running kifield at the command line… I was unaware of being able to run python packages at the command line… am I missing something? Is there a way to just run it from command line or do I need to make a python script?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

You do yourself a disfavour by appending to a 6 year old thread. The circumstances may be very different and you’re less likely to get your question noticed. There’s no need to try to save on threads; if it’s really related we can merge threads. It also possible to link to relevant posts.

You might want to add details of the version of KiCad you are using, the OS platform, the release of kifield, and any other relevant info. I’m assuming kifield is a plugin. If it’s just a standalone Python script, then you or any mod can edit the category to software.

When you install kifield, it is installed as a command-line utility that you can run just like cat or ls or anything else.

You can see examples of using kifield here.

thanks for the quick reply… as i was uninstalling to try again, i realized pip stuffed it appdata\roaming\python\python310\ for some reason… adding that to my system PATH fixed my problem!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.