Rounded track feature needs a little help

I’m on OSX version 6.0.0 on Monterrey and the rounded tracks are cool but they are:

1. Crashing Kicad a lot.

2. Not as flexible to edit as regular 45 degree tracks. For example when I go to edit an existing rounded track by hitting D, Kicad will try to add segments with regular hard 45 degree corners. Seems to me it should know you are selecting a round track and add more segments as necessary that are also rounded.

Rounded tracks are a totally new feature in v6 and haven’t been tested as much as other features. Inflexibility in the UI is known and will very probably be changed in the future versions. Crashes are always serious bugs and should be reported to the issue database, especially if they can be reproduced reliably.

1 Like

Cool, yeah I think I can reproduce the crash. I will try to and report.

I played with it some more yesterday and think for now if there’s more than 20-30 traces or so, it’s easier to lay them all out with 45s and 90s standard and then go back and select the traces and do a fillet and tweak.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.