Rotary bottom description text bug (7.99)

Hi!
I can’t rotary desc text in two position:-90 and 180 degress.
Only in reverse look on bottom side board is affected. Any help ?
Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-27 09-48-57 Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-27 09-48-42 Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-27 09-48-12 Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-27 09-47-54

On top side is ok:

Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-27 10-10-16 Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-27 10-09-51 Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-27 10-09-43 Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-27 10-09-30

First, I replaced the newlines between your pictures with spaces, that makes it a bit easier to read.

About the texts…
This does affect both the top and bottom of the PCB. It is the sort of text that influences this. If you use PCB Editor / Place / Add Text, then the text can be placed in any orientation. However, texts like the Reference (RefDes) and Value of footprints have a Keep upright property in their settings. This is set by default and it’s intention is to keep the text upright / readable when the footprint itself is rotated.

1 Like

I know this setting - all my top description has it on and rotare position is ok but not in bottom side.
Mayby this setting make mess only in bottom side text?

I’ll repeat:

Your +12V texts are some other type of text and probably don’t have the Keep upright setting.

As Paul has already stated:
7.99 works perfectly for both top and bottom layers as long as “keep upright” is not ticked.

You right !!
Now all works as expected.

1 Like

Hi @Tomasz_Barwinski

It is best to tick the solution box in the post that gives you the correct answer. By doing this, any reader may be able to read the solution without reading the whole thread.

When you tick a solution box, a link appears in the opening post directing any reader to the answer. By ticking your last comment “you right”, all the reader is directed to is your comment instead of the post that gives the answer.

Check your opening post to see this. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So, level 4’s can’t do this?

I can both mark and un-mark any post a the “solution” (as a level 4) but it’s better to encourage community members to help each other.

1 Like

Thanks. I just wanted clarification. Just keep in mind some people come here, get a solution, and disappear. Perfectly understandable behavior. I was more prone to do this when it involved title editing.

I’m with Paul on this; hence my reply.
Give the member a few hours to make corrections, and if no response, sort it myself.

I’ve a similar attitude with non-Kicad topics. Mention the subject is not related then give the member a couple of hours to comment before closing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.