Restoring Schematic Wiring Hotkeys in 6.0

I understand there are big changes to the editing paradigm in 6.0, with respect to selection, etc… But it seems like drawing wires in the schematic editor has lost some of its previous capabilities. Previously it was the same hotkey to start a wire, articulate the wire, and terminate the wire, and that was a great system which could be done very quickly (and most importantly without clicking).

Now, it’s impossible to have one hotkey that both starts and stops the wire, and unless I’m missing it there is no hotkey to articulate the wire mid-draw, without using the mouse click hotkey. If I do use the mouse-click hotkey, I can end wires and articulate wires with it, but can’t start wires with it.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to restore the previous functionality, in terms of using one key for doing all the wiring actions?

The hot key you are looking for seems to be assigned to default ‘K’ in KiCad 6. The hotkey ends a wire or other drawing at your mouse cursor position.

check at this hotkeys. they might be of great help and maybe what you currently need.
Uploading: hot key.png…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.