Resolved- Reorder sheets

OS- Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon/ Intel i3-4030U 1.90GHz x2/ mem: 3.7 GiB / SSD / Display Server X11:

Just adding comments to a previous post,

Referencing a closed post: How to order page number of Hierarchical sheets?

My current solved problem: move my sheet “allON (page 3 of 3)” to “all ON (page 2 of 3)”

With my project opened, and viewing my schematic sheets, sheet 3 “allON (page 3 of 3)” for starters.

My solution was:

1. Right click “allON (page 3 of 3)” at Schematic Hierarchy (View - Hierarchy Navigator- select/check), top left corner mini panel (window).
  2. typed desired page number I preferred it to be- 2 of 3.
  3. Renumbered other sheets in the project accordingly.

The sheet numbers indeed now reflected the change in the bottom right corner of the Title Block, but the sheets did not initially reorder themselves in the Schematic Hierarchy view in the top left, like I expected, OCD spinning up.

I figured just save the files/project and then close and reopen and all should be reordered by then. Did not seem to happen at first. Coincidently, I opened the schematics in the project in text editor mode, did not change a thing, then closed. I reopened KiCad, and indeed the files/schematics were displayed in the order I intended in the Schematic Hierarchy panel. Not sure if opening in text editor did anything but it worked nonetheless.

Note, still only shows the top file and not the other 2 schematics in the project in the KiCad opening screen of Project Files, but I’ll take what I can get/understand for now.

Moving forward, seeing how to add multiple PCB boards to this one project. One Schematic per PCB since the topology is pretty simple. I’ve read to organize all components into intended topology configuration and just break the boards later. Seems fine, just wish could have as many PCB’s as I wanted in the project. Helps with maintaining continuity of reference designators when implementing “annotate”. Else, I have to either do this manually, or simply restart at each board. Will be 99 boards with each containing about 3 IC’s. They are all part of a cable with topologys in a string.