Request:Quick Access Symbols

Hi,
If you have worked with Proteus software, you must have seen the box on the left side of the page, which is for quick access to symbols without opening the library in the schematic drawing page.
Adding a similar feature to Kicad can increase design speed and convenience!

I’m not very familiar with Proteus, but have you ever used Schematic Editor / View / Symbol Library Browser

1 Like

thank you sir,
I tried the library browser, and it was a useful feature.
But it lists all the parts in the library and causes confusion

Have you created personal libraries with symbols and footprints you commonly use?

1 Like

Thanks Sir, No, I just built libraries for certain parts that are not in the Kicad library itself.

Making personal libraries is easy, and saves you a lot of time in the future. Also, you cannot modify the standard libraries.
I understand that you’re overwhelmed with the amount of parts available in the supplied libraries. I was myself in the beginning.

But copying a standard library to your own library location and modifying it is easy.
As an example: this is my “Device” library:

Short and easy to find a part, no?

There is more information in the FAQs.

1 Like

Another thing you can do is disable libraries you are unlikely to use, to reduce the clutter.

1 Like

Yes, if it is not possible to request in the next version of Kicad, I will probably do the same thing.
Thank you.

I only disabled a few libraries that I didn’t need, like the FPGA library.