Repeated blocks

I am trying to build a ckt with multiple repeating “channels” which intertie with some other parts in common, such as you’d see in a multi-channel mixer. It’ s easy to do in schema by duplicating blocks, but having done one channel in PCB-New, is there any way to block-copy the pcb layout so i do not have to manually place & route the whole large board ?
This thread alludes to my problem but i do not see a solution here or in the FAQ. I am using V 5.1.0
Thanks, Bob

look and search for python-addon “replicate layout”

1 Like

Kicad is now up to 6.0.2. You may find that add-ons will no longer work with very old versions of kicad.

1 Like

Yeah, even tho i am very satisfied with 5.1, i’ve been wondering if i should update to v6
As usual may main concerns are around easy portability of my work in earlier versions. Can anyone reassure me about back-compatability ?
Thanks
Bob

Your old projects will be automatically upgraded the first time they are saved with 6.x You ARE NOT ABLE to open the upgraded files with 5.x

Even if you don’t update to 6, there have been multiple bug fixes to the 5.1 series. The last stable version (before 6 was released) was 5.1.12.

If you want to use the Replicate Layout plugin, you have to go to the old version for version 5.1: https://github.com/MitjaNemec/Kicad_action_plugins. The v6 compatible plugin is available in the KiCad’s Plugin and Content Manager.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.