Repeat schematic

Hi,
I am new in KiCAD. I want to design a PCB which includes 50 times of a simple amplifier.
Each amplifier has an input form a 50 pins connector and an output to another 50 pins connector.
Do I need to draw the schematic of all 50 circuits to be able to make PCB? or I can just repeat it by numbering input and output accordingly?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Mehran

Do you have a screenshot of what your amplifier circuit looks like?

In KiCad you can draw a single amplifier circuit in a Hierarchical sheet and use the “replicate layout” script to even place the components for those amplifiers on the PCB.

I think though that you need to have a master sheet, with 50 copies of the sub circuit.
In Eeschema there is no real “array” function as far as I know, but you can make a block of a hierarchical sheet, then draw 5 copies of it, and then create a new block of those 5 copys and insert that block 10 times.

If you’re smart you add te wiring between those 5 blocks first, so it’s copied along with the 2nd copy operation. But I advise to first start learning how the hierarchical sheets work and experiment a bit with it before drawing the real circuit.

If you search this forum for “replicate layout” you find lots of hits to the script and how to use it:
https://forum.kicad.info/search?q=replicate%20layout

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.