Reopen last used gerbers?

I might have missed something, but in gerbview-nightly, how do I reopen those gerbers I opened before?

File->Open recent Gerber-> only opens one of the recent gerbers but I want to open all that I viewed the last time. I want to either

• Open those which were loaded before closing gerbview or
  • Open those which I have multi-selected the last time I did File->Open Gerber File(s).

In Pcbnew

• File
  • Plot
  • Check ā€˜Generate Gerber job fileā€™
  • Plot

In GerbView

• File
  • Open Gerber Job Fileā€¦

etc.

I donā€™t know what ā€œGerber Job Filesā€ are but already-existing gerbers of our projects donā€™t have these, and Mentor PCB (what was used) doesnā€™t seem to support them at all.

Sounds like you do not work from within Kicad. The Kicad gerber viewer does not seem to support to save a given selection as a gerber project file.

In that case you might be better off to use Gerbv. It allows to save previously loaded gerber layers as one re-loadable Gerbv project file.

1 Like

I was actually trying to move away from Gerbv because itā€™s rendering sucks and also has no ā€˜recentā€™ function whatsoever.

I did find between the Gerber files thereā€™s a ā€˜.dsnā€™ file structurally listing the ā€˜.gdoā€™ files with other metadata.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.